Water in keel joint

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KWKloeber on November 24, 2016, 11:16:24 PM

wondering if it would be helpful to stick all factory issued docs, fixes, etc., in one location
any thoughts on that?

Ken,  thanks for posting that stuff.

Two schools of thought on posting the docs:  1)  all in one place [named, of course]; 2) by subject matter.

When Jon Schneider and I came up with the 22 topics in the wiki, he and I agreed that different people think differently:  some use the book index like a search engine, others use the Table of Contents.  It's a reality.

My recommendation:  do both.  Build up a library of factory docs, and stuff 'em in with the subject matter they pertain to.  That's pretty much how we built the wiki anyway.  My general approach was:  Are alternators electrical or engine?  Heck, put 'em in both!  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Thanks Stu,

I posted the "keel PDFs" under hull > repair (where you put Rebedding a Keel Stub 101 The Catalina Smile with Pictures http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6842.0.html)

ie, here
http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hull
i kinda see "a repair" differently than normal maintenance) maintenance > hull.

I noticed a few issues with wiki links, I'll pass them around off list.

Cheers
Ken

Quote from: Stu Jackson on November 25, 2016, 08:31:12 AM
Quote from: KWKloeber on November 24, 2016, 11:16:24 PM

wondering if it would be helpful to stick all factory issued docs, fixes, etc., in one location
any thoughts on that?

Ken,  thanks for posting that stuff.

Two schools of thought on posting the docs:  1)  all in one place [named, of course]; 2) by subject matter.

When Jon Schneider and I came up with the 22 topics in the wiki, he and I agreed that different people think differently:  some use the book index like a search engine, others use the Table of Contents.  It's a reality.

My recommendation:  do both.  Build up a library of factory docs, and stuff 'em in with the subject matter they pertain to.  That's pretty much how we built the wiki anyway.  My general approach was:  Are alternators electrical or engine?  Heck, put 'em in both!  :D
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain