What is this?

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue Clancy

I was cleaning out a few items from the boat with plans to sell on eBay and ran across this.  I assume it is something to feed a bolt rope or guide a line through but does anyone know what it's called?  This may not be from the Catalina 34 - could be from a Catalina 34 or from our daysailer.

Thanks,

Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

KWKloeber

Quote from: Sue Clancy on October 25, 2016, 02:18:42 PM
I was cleaning out a few items from the boat with plans to sell on eBay and ran across this.  I assume it is something to feed a bolt rope or guide a line through but does anyone know what it's called?  This may not be from the Catalina 34 - could be from a Catalina 34 or from our daysailer.

Thanks,

Side shot might help, the end looks kinda like a prefeeder, but not the other.

You're messing with us right?  It's your BBQ tongs?

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ralph Masters

Looks like the feeder to a Profurl roller furler to me.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Sue Clancy

Ken I was going to say it's not a tuning fork.

Ralph was right in fact I found in for sale here.  http://www.wichardamerica.com/profurl_en/spare-parts/steel-parts/feeders/feeder-type-2.html. Looks like a jackpot if I can sell this. We did have a Profurl curler on our Catalina 25 which is long gone. Must have come from that.
Sue and Brian Clancy

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Ralph Masters on October 25, 2016, 02:51:28 PM
Looks like the feeder to a Profurl roller furler to me.

Ralph

Exactly.  Sue needs to find someone with a ProFurl and "dropsy,"  like me!  :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Sue Clancy

Just posted for sale on eBay. Hopefully some money coming my way soon.
Sue and Brian Clancy

Sue Clancy

Just thought you would be entertained by this. I just sold this for $75 plus shipping to a guy in Tahiti! :D :D

You never know what you'll find when cleaning out the boat. Thanks for your help.
Sue and Brian Clancy

Noah

Why don't you deliver it instead... :shock: 8)
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig