New Website!

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue Clancy

After several months of work in between sailing excursions, we are ready to launch a newly redesigned C34.org website.  The new site will be made live this evening so check back tomorrow to see how it looks.  During this time, the forum should work fine but the main site c34.org may be unavailable during the implementation.

This effort is based on feedback from many of you and work done by myself and a committee including Rick Allen, Stu Jackson, Dave Sanner and some help from Jack Hutteball.  Our goal was primarily to bring the site into some updated technology and make it easier to use and update including better visibility on mobile devices. 

We will provide more info highlighting some of the changes after the launch.

Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Craig Illman

DaveBMusik

Thank you for all of your work!
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

Mick Laver

Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

csimmerling

I logged in and was so pleasantly surprised! Beautiful job!  :thumb:
"Natterling", #148 1986 mk 1 fin keel std rig, Port Jefferson, NY

Sue Clancy

The new website

I wanted to point out a few highlights and next steps for the new website.

• New Design - of course we had to make it look more modern but it is also easier to read on mobile devices
  • Quick access to our most used features including the forum, tech notes and the tech wiki
  • Easier to manage fleet sections including news about each fleet
  • More appropriate places to put organizational news rather than on the forum - stuff that needs to stay around
  • Better search - the entire site including the forum should now be able to be searched right from the top of every page with a built in Google search (full indexing may take a little time)
  • A new member database - Our old member databases were out of date so we decided to create a new one that members can manage themselves.  go to http://c34.org/owner-database/ and put in your own information.
  • An updated view of our Flickr site - http://c34.org/photo-gallery/ share your pictures with the group.
  • Easy content updates - Anyone that can use a word processor and is authorized can update the content on the site - no special technical or html skills are required.

Coming soon

An updated view of the tech notes/Mainsheet articles that is easier to manage and a master index that is easier to use

Again thanks to the committee for their experience and feedback throughout this process.
Sue and Brian Clancy

Stu Jackson

I recommend that you all click on the upper left C34 Home link.  The new look is fantastic, shows the important material and includes the important Google search button right there.

All thanks is due to Sue who did all the work. 
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

I'm still getting the old 2001 home page.  Is there anything I need to do but click on the C34 Home?
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Sue Clancy

You may have the page cached. Try to reload it in your browser.
Sue and Brian Clancy

britinusa

Looking Good - REALLY GOOD!

Great job.

Is the Forum template changing too?

http://c34.org/index.html needs to be updated too.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Paulus

Thanks,
Very user friendly. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Sue Clancy

Thanks, we have taken care of the  index.html page
Sue and Brian Clancy

Roc

How come I see no difference?
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Sue Clancy

Reload the page. Your browser is caching it.
Sue and Brian Clancy

Jim Hardesty

I've tried that with no success. Looks great on my phone.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA