Propane question

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

fyi, from the C355 forum...

Thought I'd follow up on my post for completeness sake and show what I installed for a CO detector and LPG detector.

For CO I used two Fireboy-Xintex alarms, one in each cabin. They are wired together so that the one will set off the other. You can also determine which alarm activated.

For the LPG detector I used the Fireboy-Xintex S-1A. It is wired to the solenoid and will turn it off and sound an alarm if it detects gas. Of course, I now have to turn on 2 switches to get the solenoid on. :-/

-Bob.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

FYI, we invited all the C355 skippers to join us here, they declined.  We've been administering their memberships since they started out.  They started their own Google group.  They have been reinventing the wheel since they started out.  Nice fellas, and have "come up with" all sorts of good electrical and alarm systems.  You know, all the stuff we covered years ago.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

I'm catching up on my magazine reading.  I read in "Good Old Boat" July/August page 9 Gregg Tranter of Calgary claimed headaches were caused by dirty propane burners.  A sign of dirty burners is a yellow flame.  The cure is to remove burners and turn upside down and cleaned.  He claimed about 2 tablespoons of carbon came from each burner.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jim Hardesty on September 30, 2016, 08:32:33 AM
headaches were caused by dirty propane burners.  The cure is to remove burners and turn upside down and cleaned.  Jim

WOW who knew.  I complain that it gives me headaches when I have to clean something (anything.)  Now what's my excuse?  Thanks a lot, jim.   :rolling :rolling :rolling
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

KWKloeber

Quote from: Stu Jackson on September 30, 2016, 08:28:54 AM
FYI, we invited all the C355 skippers to join us here, they declined. 

LOL.  I KNEW that baiting was going to elicit a reply.   :rolling :rolling  Just not that quickly.
Maybe it's a horse/liquid refreshment thing, Stu?

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KWKloeber on September 30, 2016, 08:42:08 AM
Quote from: Stu Jackson on September 30, 2016, 08:28:54 AM
FYI, we invited all the C355 skippers to join us here, they declined. 

LOL.  I KNEW that baiting was going to elicit a reply.   :rolling :rolling  Just not that quickly.
Maybe it's a horse/liquid refreshment thing, Stu?

It's 0958 here, Ken.  Maybe for you, but not for me!!! :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

KWKloeber

Stu,  you lost me there.   Brain  must be on slow speed today.  What does the time of day have to do with leading a horse to water?

Kk

Stu Jackson

"Liquid refreshment?"  Not ring a bell???  :D :D :D

KWKloeber

Horse/liquid refreshment = leading a horse to water?  ie. the 355s?
never mind, getting too near the weekend to work my brain out.   :D

Ron Hill

Guys : Any time you see a yellow flame on a gas stove (propane/boat or natural gas/home) it is an inefficient flame.  The flame should always burn "Blue".

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

britinusa

Quote from: Ron Hill on October 01, 2016, 11:53:35 AM
Guys : Any time you see a yellow flame on a gas stove (propane/boat or natural gas/home) it is an inefficient flame.  The flame should always burn "Blue".

A thought

:) Agreed!
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP