Rewiring the refrigerator breaker

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

I am rewiring my fridge breaker as I have moved the refrigerator to next to the ice box. The red line (Circled in blue) goes to the refrigerator breaker. I have looked for the black line and cannot find it. Where can I ground the new line from the fridge? I have to refrigerators on Kitty's Cat. These line go to a buss bar for both fridges.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

Lance, there is a negative bus bar on the panel.  Just find it and attach the (-) there.  The (-) goes nowhere near the breaker which is only for the (+).  My panel has labels on the back explaining what is what.  There's also the wiring diagram in the manual.

See that BIG batch of BLACK wires in the middle?  That's where.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Lance : Your negative buss bar is just above the Perko switch.  It has (like Stu said) all of the and only black (-) wires attached to it.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Lance

I'm kinda confused by your question.

Are you extending the existing hot and ground? 
Are you running a new hot and ground? 
Why do you care where the ground is, if you're abandoning it -- or can't you trace it back to the panel?   

If you remove the grounds from the negative buss one by one and do a continuity check with your VOM the wire on the fridge, you can determine which is the ground.   

What current is it carrying? -- you said one breaker/feed/ground feeds both fridges.   

I don't know what your electrical "ability/knowledge" is, but when it comes to electricity (i.e. fire potential,) if there's any question it's wise to have someone (very knowledgeable or a professional) look at the situation.

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

britinusa

As nobody else mentioned it - consider replacing that wire nut with a quality butt connector.

If you do add / replace / identify any wires, mark them well with quality labels.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Lance Jones

As I stated in my post
Quote from: Lance Jones on September 22, 2016, 09:00:12 AM
Where can I ground the new line from the fridge? I have to refrigerators on Kitty's Cat. These line go to a buss bar for both fridges.

Thanks Ron & Stu. Tapped into that buss bar and "SHAZAM!", that was it.  :thumb:
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622