cng refills

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

Any suggestions on where to get a refill exchange around Baltimore.  Short of that could someone point out the link to the homemade thingamagig for refilling?  Having trouble with the search.

Adapter, that's the word I was looking for.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

lazybone

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Stu Jackson

Quote from: lazybone on August 09, 2016, 11:42:27 AM
Think I found the adapter thread.  http://c34.org/projects/projects-cng-refill-adapter.html

There's a much NEWER one in the tech wiki with IMPORTANT updates.

Please use that one.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

lazybone

No luck finding that one. 
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

RV61

Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

lazybone

Anyone know why there are two configurations.  Can anyone explain the differences between the two and which would be better for our needs.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

KWKloeber

Note that both eBay listings carry the same part number (CNG 101)

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

jkar

There are two PSIs 3000 and 3600.  You would need to check your tank (probably 3000) and buy the matching adapter.  Stations usually have both pressures, and the connections are different with 3600 being more for the car and 3000 for cooking.  Looking at the picture, that looks like what it is, two different adapters.

Jon W

One turns 90 degrees after the tank and the other is straight line from the tank.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

lazybone

This is the vendors reply to my question about the differences.

"The adapter that is a 90 you can use the red valve to control the cng going into your tank
the other straight one you cant that is the only difference"
Joe
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

KWKloeber

Quote from: lazybone on August 16, 2016, 01:00:23 PM
This is the vendors reply to my question about the differences.

"The adapter that is a 90 you can use the red valve to control the cng going into your tank
the other straight one you cant that is the only difference"
Joe

AHHH yes!  All the valve does on the straight is shut off the pressure gauge.  D'OH!   :?

-kk

ajvh

I can lend you the CNG adapter. I am in the Annapolis area
La Mouette
'87 Annapolis

lazybone

Quote from: ajvh on August 22, 2016, 01:47:40 PM
I can lend you the CNG adapter. I am in the Annapolis area

You're a prince and I appreciate the offer but I have already ordered my own.  I'm looking forward to blowing myself up at a CNG self-serve public refill station which is just 3 miles from my boat. (how convenient).
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677