Propane tank for MK II

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_in_lex

Apologies if I'm going over old ground here, but I did some searching on the forum and am having a hard time finding the right specs.  I'm looking to get a backup propane tank, standard size for our Mk II (vintage 2005).  Any suggestions on where to find one, and the size?  Catalina Direct lists one but I think it's smaller than my current tank, which has a diameter of about 10.5".

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Fred Koehlmann

Steve,

We have a MkII, and two 10 lb. tanks. One steel and one aluminum. The opening for the tanks is about 10 to 10.5 inches and the height in the locker about 17 inches for the tank.

We had a fiberglass tank at one time, and I would stay away for those. The section at the neck of tank where to hose connected ended up cracking and leaked propane. We figured it was from all the bouncing in waves and the weight of the metal fittings on the fiberglass tank at that point.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Fred Koehlmann

Sorry, as to where to get a 10 lb tank, any RV location, camping outlet, or if you want the aluminum tank.... we ordered that through our marina.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Steve_in_lex

Fred, many thanks - this is just what I need.  I just talked with a local RV equipment place and they'll order one that should come in within a week...and be over $100 cheaper than West Marine.
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Steve_in_lex on August 01, 2016, 11:35:29 AM...and be over $100 cheaper than West Marine.

So glad you found an answer.

WM is very good for many things.  Price may not always be one of them.   Convenience may be.  And often is.

NEVER, EVER buy batteries from them.

EVER.

DON'T.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Steve : You can also go on line, beside any RV store/sporting goods will have them, as well as some propane refill stations.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Breakin Away

Does anyone know when Catalina's factory installed tanks started coming with OPD?
Is there a problem getting the OPD tanks to fit in the LP locker? (They're about an inch taller than pre-OPD tanks.)

When you get your OPD tank from the RV dealer, please compare dimensions and let us know how it fits.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)