Leaking Coolant Reervior, 2000 '34 MK ll

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewartn

There is a persistent seepage from the bottom of the coolant reservoir. I tightened the hose clamp, ran the engine up operating temp and could see no leak on the bottom seam of the plastic container, However, the area around the barb and the hose clamp feels wet with antifreeze to the touch. This is not a big leak. It just seems to seep. I have put oil absorbent mats below the reservior, but would like to fix the problem. All suggestions welcome. Thx guys.
Stewart Napoleon
Desiree, MK II '34
Old Greenwich Yacht Club
Greenwich, CT
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

Ron Hill

Stewart : I'd just replace the bottle.  If the one from Westsrbeke is too pricy, look for a "Rubbermade" bottle.

The hose to the engine from the bottle doesn't have to come out of the bottom of the bottle.  The hose can go into the bottle from the top. Keep the bottle 1/2 full with the hose to the bottom of the bottle.  Just cut the hose at an angle in the bottom of the bottle so it can't suck the bottom or the side!!   :thumb:

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Wayne

I had the same problem on my 2006.  I tightened, retightened, did it again.  Finally bought a new reservoir.  They really aren't very expensive.  Problem gone.
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca