galley faucet

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

It is starting to drip. It is not real obvious how it comes apart.  Once apart, are the washers etc standard plumbing parts or do I have to order a kit.  Not sure of the brand.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

KWKloeber

Ken,

Look like a Scandvik brand 'triangle' series (or similar.)  "Standard" plumbing is about like "standard" marine.  But you should be able to find parts in a big box or a real good hardware store (a fully stocked Ace perhaps -- although I found mine didn't carry "standard" parts for a darn "standard" Kohler brand bar sink faucet.)  Owner explained that there's a bazillion different parts and it's impossible for stores to carry every part for every model by every manufacturer.  But Lowes (but not HD) had what I needed.

http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/method/shopping_faucets-showers/id/3.htm

ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

SPembleton

Yours looks like mine.  Mine is a Grohe, which is owned by Masco (Delta, Peerless, Baldwin Brass and..)  Relatively common, but not sure if in Lowes.
Steve Pembleton
Holland, MI
1986 Mk1 Fin, Tall

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails."

Jim Hardesty

Ken,
Yours looks like mine.  The knobs just pull off.  Then it's unscrew the working parts.  I don't know if you can hardware store the parts. 
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Noah

Your faucet is a Trindad from Ambassador Marine, I believe. Check them on the web.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

mark_53

Look at the handle in your photo. It says Grohe.

Noah

I believe it is same faucet sold owned now by Ambassador.  I know they make/rep the head faucet and hand shower wand in my 1990, as have purchased a replacement from them recently.

http://downloads.ambassador-amc.com/guides/marine/132-133/132&3-0205-CP_2013-11-21.pdf

http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1%7C51%7C2234222%7C2234223&id=1811116
Standard Rig

Ron Hill

Ken : It's Grohe faucet. 

Don't know if this is still valid, but they were at 630-582-7711 Bloomindale, Ill.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ted Pounds

I replaced mine with a single lever faucet (from Home Depot?). Much nicer as you could turn it off and on and maintain the same temperature. Very helpful in conserving water...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ken Juul

Finally got around to fixing the faucet today.  The handles would not pull off.  Thinking it was like a home bathroom faucet, I used a small knife to pry the blue and red plastic inserts out.  Unscrewed the small screw, the handles popped right off.  The guts just unscrew from the body. Need a small, think it was 7mm socket or wrench to remove the nut that holds the washer in place.  Quick trip to Ace, found the correct diameter faucet washer, had to add a fender washer behind it to get the right thickness.  All back together, no drips, for a whopping $1.87.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Noah

Standard Rig