The big day

Previous topic - Next topic

kh3412

Friday is the day. We are splashing our new to us boat. Yes I'm nervous.
Have spent all spring going over the critical updates list and hope I'm ready. Although not all updates are done and the boat needs a lot of work, hoping I have done enough for the trip to our home dock. Will take a few shake down runs and then hopefully move the boat 80 miles to our home port. Anyone want to see a nervous man hit every boat in the marina trying to dock feel free to come down for a laugh.
1987 mk1 a work in progress #618

Jon W

Congratulations. You"ll be amazed at how maneuverable the boat is.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

SPembleton

Where is the boat and where are you taking it?  If you are nearby, I might be able to assist at some point.
Steve Pembleton
Holland, MI
1986 Mk1 Fin, Tall

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails."

kh3412

Thanks for the offer. Launching in Sandusky then have a month to move it to Fairport harbour. I

SPembleton

Not sure where Fairport Harbour is, but I am in Holland, MI, so I guess I am not close.
Steve Pembleton
Holland, MI
1986 Mk1 Fin, Tall

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails."

Phil Spicer

kh3412, Happy to hear you are in the water. I'm still down the bay at the Sandusky Sailing Club if you need a hand with something.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

kh3412

Made it with help from workers from Marina. Did not make into the slip we wanted to do to wind but got it tied up.

Noah

As they say "any landing you walk away from is a good one!". Congrats, it will get easier, with some practice.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

kh3412

Well any landing you walk away from is a good landing, but it helps if you're at the right airport.
Ok spent the weekend on the boat with the wife WE LOVE IT.
Thank you to all who contribute to this Forum and tech wiki, don't know how to say how much work
you have saved me in pointing out problems and fixes.