New boat owner

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekutney

I am going to be putting my boat back in the water just after July 4th and moving it from Oak Harbor to Magothy Marina.  It was originally on Back Creek and motored it to Oak Harbor to be hauled for bottom paint and thru hulls. I bought the boat in Jan 2016 and it has been a true labor of love consuming all my spare time.  The information I have found on this site has been invaluable in getting things done.  I have spent the past 6 months upgrading a number of systems including ALL the hoses, running rigging, engine exhaust riser, waterlift muffler, entire fresh water system, newly installed AC unit...  the list could go on and on.  I am looking for other C-34 owners in the area to get some pointers regarding good destinations to explore around the Chesapeake and maybe also join me in sailing.  I am a novice sailor but now that my children are grown I'd like to get some more experience sailing so I can see if they would enjoy it as well.  Any advice, input or comments would be appreciated. :clap
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain