Cleaner for the head

Previous topic - Next topic

patrice

Hi All,

I was wondering what type of cleaning product do most of you use to clean up the bowl.

I know that some chemical will destroy the natural equilibrium happening in the tank, and cause the unpleasant smell.
Since after cleaning, the product will enf up in the tank.

Thanks for you input.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Roc

Best product is C.P.  Product was formerly sold by Peggie Hall (her invention).  Sold the products to Raritan, so now they market it.  The sister product is called K.O.  Which introduces bacteria in the holding tank to keep it aerobic.  I used to use K.O., but switched to Odorloss, which does the same thing (makes holding tank aerobic).  I remember Peggie said if K.O. didn't work well for your system, she recommended Odorloss since it will work in a similar way by keeping the tank aerobic.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

mark_53

I use some of that scolding hot water from the head sink.  Cools off nicely once inside the tank.

Albreen

Hi Patrice - I follow the same routine Roc describes with good success. I also don't use lake water to flush, only tank water. As Roc said, all recommended by Peggy Hall here on the C34 site and has proved again to be great advice. I can also add that if I catch a small odor, I add 1/2 again more Odorless to the tank before getting to a pump out.
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain

patrice

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

That would be the product
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/odorlos--odorlos-head-chemical--P011_334_004_503

This seam like a product that you put in the tank to keep th aerobic level good.

But do you use standard house cleaning product like "Lysol"
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Steve McGill

Patrice,

For the outside of our bowl and surrounding areas we use normal household cleaners.
For the bowl we only use Raritan CP, see the link below.

http://raritaneng.com/raritan-product-line/waste-treatment/c-p-cleans-potties/

For our tank I use both Odorlos or Raritan KO depending on what I have available on the boat.
All 3 products work well together.

We usually purchase from Defender and the like.......................

Steve
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

Jim Hardesty

Hi Patrice,
Yes,  Odorlos is a waste tank treatment.  My favorite.  Don't think it's intended for a bowl cleaner.  Get the odor free, unless you are in a really hot environment.  I don't use a bowl cleaner, think it may counter act the Odorlos.  I just scrub and flush with fresh water.  I do know some who use vinegar.  They say it works on the mineral buildup. 
If you do get a good recommendation, I'll try it too. 
Good question to the group.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Roc

Patrice,
I also added a large vent leading to the tank to allow free flow of air to keep the tank aerobic.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD