Universal Service Bulletin #235

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Rose

Just to keep everyone informed on hull numbers that might have the reinforcing sleeve missing.  Today I removed the water pump and the cam shaft drive tang reinforcing sleeve was in place.  I did not have to installed the kit.  This is on a 2000 34 MKII hull no. 1506.

amoreau

I just did my water pump over the weekend.  I had ordered the sleeve ahead of time just in case.  Sure enough the sleeve was missing and I had to install it.  That's on hull number 1488 just for the record.
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

rbeecham

I checked my C34, hull # 1430 last season, and the sleeve was present.  I don't know if there is a pattern to the missing ones, it could possibly be attributed to one employee.

Dick Beecham

Refuge
C34 - #1430
Rock Hall, MD
rbeecham@jersey.net

c34member

#1515 - missing a bushing.

I feel so unclean.

SteveLyle

I don't mean to gloat (well, just a little) but it's refreshing to read about a problem that DOESN'T apply to the early C34's.  After addressing alternator brackets, wiring harnesses, traveler bolts, GFCI outlets, fuel pickup strainers, fuel filter plumbing location (not to mention the ones I haven't addressed - including the hump hose and heat exchanger), here's one I can sit back and observe to satisfy my idle curiosity, but take no action.  That's good, because I've got too many other projects that need doing.  Good luck, you guys with the newer boats.

George Alberts

I have hull number 1471.  I have installed the bushing, which was indeed missing.

Rick Caccia

Escape Hull no 1501 2000
Installed bushing none present

Stu Jackson

Hull Numbers & Engine #s

I thought the recall message included the need to identify the engine numbers.  The hull numbers are helpful, but I doubt if Frank and crew lined up the engines to put in the boats in order.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

fairwinds

I emailed RHagan@westerbeke.com with my engine serial number and he informed me my engine needed the retro. Three days later the kit arrived, N/C.
THANK YOU Russ!!!