Broke down - Freshwater Coolant Pump Model and Source

Previous topic - Next topic

Breakin Away

Oh, one other thing.

Ken's userid on the forum is KWKloeber.

Ken's userid on the wiki is Kloebereng. Not the same credentials.

You might want to check out some of these facts before yelling at people.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

KWKloeber

Breaker one-nine

Point of info, KWKloeber is my "display name" (both forum and wiki) not my usernames. 

I started this explanation earlier but crossed wires with Stu's, so deferred to him.

Kinda comical, but I BELIEVE that you created an account on the MediaWiki platform site, not for the C34 techwiki.  Click on Help (left panel,) go back to MediaWiki, sign on, and you **should* BE ALL SET to edit pages there (which doesn't get you any closer to your goal.) 

When I registered for the C34 wiki (too long ago), I SWEAR it was a separate sign up and separate credentials.   

I emailed David to verify that, and if so, to reinstate the "Create Account" link.

Caveat - I may be all wet on the above.  I CRS anymore!!!

Here's what it will eventually look like for you once signed in ...

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

ok, maybe the "create account"  script is screwed up, or create account got locked for only administrators. 

It seems like with every mediawiki update comes some snafu(s).  Usually, it's the photo auto-resizing add-on extension.

David will figure it out.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Breakin Away

Quote from: Stu Jackson on January 05, 2019, 09:11:53 AM
Quote from: KWKloeber on January 04, 2019, 10:09:04 PM

Did that process change at some point?

No.
Please let me know when you've figured this out. I clearly cannot log on with my credentials, even though I've followed them exactly. The screenshots pretty much tell it all. Since there's never been a change to the process, then something must have broken in the back end. Meanwhile, I'm sitting on some nice contributions that should go into the wiki.

Thanks!

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

KWKloeber

STU

Re: our email xchange.  The wiki is not using the same credentials as my forum account (or appear not to be) 
When I change my Forum sign-on password, it doesn't affect my Wiki sign-on.  And vice-versa. They are independent.
So, I don't understand how using the forum registration would work on the wiki sign on.  Doesn't compute with what I found when I "tested" some changes.  There is a log on/CREATE ACCOUNT special page on the wiki, but there is no page there to create, only to sign on
ie,
http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin

Shouldn't there be a title=Special:SignUp page?  actually there is
http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin/signup

BUT it is locked to only admins, thus:

Permission error

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.

-ken

Stu Jackson

Gentlemen,

Please stop with credentials and all that unnecessary complication.

1.  Go to any Tech wiki page

2.  Go to bottom of page, click on the link where it says: Edit this page at the source:

3.  Top of page click on Log In or Edit if your computer saved your un & pw.  Un & pw are the same as those you use for this forum.

Please let us know if you have any issues with this procedure.

Breakin Away:  I understand your frustration.  I have contacted our webmaster and asked him to look into your posts here about this issue you're having.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Stu Jackson

Just as a followup, I logged out of the wiki and just successfully logged back in following those instructions.  It does work.

KWKloeber

Question. Has any member done a FIRST TIME wiki sign up recently (2018) and what process did you use?
Breaking is spot on, sumptin AINT workin.

BA, just verifying - Is BA your forum sign in, or is BA a display name?

Stu, I replied by email.

-ken

(why do SoftWare/browser script writers ALWAYS try to confuse? Why SIGN out but LOG in?  Can't they think linearly???   simple - log out/log in. Sign out/sign in?). :shock:

Breakin Away

My profile says Breakin Away is both display and sign in.

Your experiment with changing your password is a huge red flag that the credentials are no longer connected to each other. Credentials seem to be the same for legacy users merely because they haven’t changed them.

All you guys need to do to replicate this is log out and create a new (temporary) userid for yourselves. Then I suspect you’ll have the same problem. If not, the problem may be unique to me.

KWKloeber

BA. Ya that's what I tried to do but can't w/o being approved for a registration 
Anyway, Stu has David on it.  They get to the bottom   

Jon W

Breakin Away I just added your link from page 4 of this thread to the WIKI as you requested. At least I attempted to.

The WIKI will have to process its daily refresh before it shows up.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Stu Jackson

WIKI UPDATE

Dave Sanner, our superb webmaster, reports that his extensive digging indicates a linking code issue.

He's working on it.

Thanks, Dave

Stu Jackson

> Sent: Sun Jan 6, 2019 8:19 PM
> To: Ken Kloeber; Stu Jackson
> Subject: Re: Wiki HELP
>
>
> I believe I have it fixed now...
>
> Once logged into to the BBS the wiki should pull in your account info.
>
> -d

Breakin Away, try it now.

Breakin Away

Quote from: Stu Jackson on January 07, 2019, 10:13:14 AM
Breakin Away, try it now.
Thanks, Stu, I look forward to trying it. But I'm going to hold off on entering any credentials until the website security issue has been explained: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,10100.0.html