battery charger

Previous topic - Next topic

amoreau

Hi,,,I have a pro-mariner battery charger, 30 amp in my mkii 2000 34'.  It doesn't seem to be charging and I didn't recieve any info with the boat on it.  Does anyone have a web site or info on this model?  Is there a fuse link I should be checking?
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

chudave

Al:

If you call ProMariner, they will fax you a one page trouble shooting guide.  They are located in Ventura CA (close to the Woodland Hills factory).

I don't have the phone number at home, but I think you can find it via the web.  I believe it's at the boat if you still can't locate them.  

Are you getting the red light on at the charger.  If not, your not getting AC power there.  If you are getting the red light, what's your DC voltage at the battery.  Does the red light turn to green?  What's the DC voltage when it turns green.  This is basically (from memory) the process you go through.      

I started a thread like this last summer, when my charger went.  Basically, everyone has the same longevity problems with the ProMariner chargers and many have switched to the Statpower TrueChargers.  I am on my second one and took the easy way out this last time and just bought another.  Next time, I'll go with the Statpower.

All of us with Mark 2's have the Flyback 20-3 (20 amp), so are you sure you have the 30?

Hope this helps,

Dave Chu
MeHa 1342

Captain Bob

David is right, I had a Pro Mariner for two years on my 1998. Finally I noticed a problem when I began boiling off the batteries eventually killing both in about three weeks. I replaced the charger with the Statpower and I am much happier but I wish I had done it before I cooked two $160.00 batteries. The suggestion to replace the charger now is really a good one.

amoreau

I talked to the yard manager at Eastern Yacht Sales.  He said Promariner has a lifetime warranty on their chargers and that I would have a new one in a week.  I hold them liable for damages to the batteries.  I'll have to keep a close watch on them for now on...thanks for all the info....Al
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

Brad Taylor

Mine just fried yesterday. I have a 2000 model year...built in 99. It has a 30-3 not a 20. The only other thing you can check is the DC fuse. If yours is a 30-3 remove the top plate with for screws and then the front by removing 6 screws on the bottom. 2/3 down on the circuit board there is an orange fuse that controls DC output. In my case it was fine.