Installing Manual Fresh Water Pump in Parallel with Electric Pump?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancrosswis

QuoteI'm not following why you have an unvalved cold water supply line tee'd over to the hot manifold?

It's not a T.  It's a Y valve.  For my heater bypass, I set the Y valve to by-pass the heater.  To prevent antifreeze from backing into the heater from the hot manifold, I then shot off the hot manifold valve on the line from the heater to the manifold.

Dan

Dancrosswis

QuoteAccumulator?

I haven't figured that out, yet.  Because the accumulator's function is to reduce cycling of the electric pump, am I right that I could plumb it in pretty much anywhere in the cold line(s) from the electric pump to the head faucet?  And, that will then be effective for both the cold and hot water lines?

Dan

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Dancrosswis

Thanks Ken and Stu.  I did some more research on manufacturers' sites and they recommend installing the accumulator tank just down stream of the pump.  I may try to make up a tall thin tank that will fit behind the double sink.

Dan

KWKloeber

Dan

The tank has a bladder inside that you charge with air pressure -- which acts as a "spring" on the entire water system to reduce the cycling.  I got mine from
Lowe's, though it's larger than most "marine/RV" tanks.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

Though I think mine was 1 gal, not positive.  I tee'd it into the cold water pressurized line about 3-ft from the pump.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_424492-41278-HT2B___?productId=4095287

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain