Documentation Marking Requirements

Previous topic - Next topic

dprice

I just purchased a 1998.  I am trying to add the Hailing Port to my boat.

I am having a hard time finding room for a 4" high sign on the transom.  With the walk through transom there is not much room at the bottom of the transom.  There are 2 through hulls of some sort that are in the way.

Where does everyone else put it ?  My search for pictures has so far been unsuccessful.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks

Dave

Jim Price

I have the hailing port on the upper sides of the transom, 1991 model with walk through.  "Marietta" on port side, "Georgia" on the starboard side.  If you send me you email address, I can send you a angled photo that might help you.  Shot was from the quarter but you can see the port if you are looking for it.  I cannot figure out how to post photos on my ISP but can send you a photo direct to email.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

seacatc34

I used 3.5" letters to spell out PORTSMOUTH, NH on my MkII.  It fit on the bottom of the transom/swim platform.  I worked around and over the two through hulls, cutting the decal to conform to the bulges.  It doesn't show from a distance.  I couldn't find any other place.  And it looks good there anyway.  Boat name is on port and stbd toward the stern.

Mike

reedbr

I don't know the size of the letters, but this is the hailing port from the PO on my '97 transom.  Sorry the pic is 600K, but the detail is good.

C34 mkII "Ambitious"
Solomons, MD
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

rirvine

Great picture - I have used the same approach for "Santa Cruz CA" on my MkII.   But what is all that white stuff on the ground?

dprice

Thank You.  Great Picture.

The solution seems obvious when you can think non-linear.

Problem for me sometimes.

Thanks all.

Dave

SailDan

We placed our's on the starboard side of the transom; check pictures of the stern of the boat on theProjects Page of the this site. The title of the project is "Diesel Can Storage" -  http://www.c34.org/projects/projects-diesel-can-storage.html

Tonyc

We have also mounted our hailing port at the bottom of the transom.  The mystery drains are from the two scuppers in the "T" sectiom of the cocpit.

Tony C.
                                  Ticketoo