Raw water filter

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

To all 1986 model owners,

I put my water intake strainer and housing in a safe place last Fall and now, somebody stole it. Does anyone know what I need to replace it?

Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Stu Jackson

Mark

Sherwood made ours.  I just checked West Marine and BoatUS catalogs, but Sherwood isn't there anymore.  It appears that Groco and Jabsco are the only ones selling the plastic variety with different port sizes (I think ours are 3/4").  Unless you want to get one of those industrial grade ones in bronze - a bit overkill.

Good luck.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

rappareems

Thanks for your efforts guys I really appreciate it.  I did check the parts list and found the number but I didn't bother trying to contact Catalina as they are notoriously slow (still waiting for a replacement sliding settee locker door from last year).  Whoever "stole" the parts put them back in a box strangely marked "boat stuff".  We moved over the winter and organization went out the window. System is up and running.  Ron, I will do that finer screen for the freash water system.

Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario