Catalina 425

Previous topic - Next topic

Roc

Hi Fred,
All the best with the new boat!!!  Glad to hear you are sticking around on this site.  What will you name her?
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Fred Koehlmann

Hi Roc,
The preference is to transfer the name from the 34 to the new boat, but only if it doesn't impact the sale of the 34.
The kids, and myself, like the name.

Not sure if a special ritual will be required!
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Dave Spencer

Hi Fred,
A ceremony / ritual is definitely required.  Although yours will be relatively simple since you are simply naming a brand new boat.  You don't have to worry about denaming a PO's name.
http://www.johnvigor.com/Denaming.html

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Solstice

Quote from: Fred Koehlmann on March 04, 2017, 08:52:01 AM
Hi Roc,
The preference is to transfer the name from the 34 to the new boat, but only if it doesn't impact the sale of the 34.
The kids, and myself, like the name.

Not sure if a special ritual will be required!
Fred, I would like to add my congratulations as well! Sounds very similar to our situation as we loved our 320, and were not necessarily shopping but once we came across the 355 we had to have it!
As for the name, we used the same name as our old boat (no II or anything) and it is not a problem to leave the name on the old as well. If the new owner chooses to change the name, that's up to them.
The only glitch we had was the state got confused the first year in terms of collecting excise tax, however it was cleared up with a phone call!
Congratulations and enjoy!