Steam in exhaust M35B

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

The point is not the color Stu. If you don't care that equipment corrodes in salt air then why coat anything to protect/extend its life? Winches aren't forever itemsso why not unanodized alum, blocks aren't necessarily forever items so why stainless, seawater pumps aren't forever items so they don't need to be bronze.

SK would be far ahead if they used metal PRIMER on them than covering the un-prepped metal with a "shell" of spray paint that doesn't adhere to the metal. Ferchrissake they don't even give the case a light sanding for the paint to bite into.
I'll prefer my add-on equipment properly painted no matter it's install location. Out of sight is not out of mind (my mind maybe, if not the same for others who don't care.). In fact the more unseen the location, the more I want it properly protected.  MBMC!  Any my customers, my choice whether I sell them an inferior product.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain