are my water tanks reversed?

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

If I am reading the photo correctly, it is in a kind of sketchy location on top of the shaft log?? Also, don't like those perforated hose clamps either.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

anaisdog

so yes, i guess my tanks are reversed, from the drawing, but if there was never a soft bladder, from catalina, then i guess there's no way of knowing why the valves were reversed, or even why the hard tank, in the aft, was changed out.  can someone send me a picture of their hard aft tank?  it seems like a 40 gallon hard tank would take up a lot of space, as opposed to the bladder.

thanks

becki kain
hull 99, 1986
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

KWKloeber

Quote from: Noah on October 02, 2015, 10:57:51 AM
If I am reading the photo correctly, it is in a kind of sketchy location on top of the shaft log?? Also, don't like those perforated hose clamps either.

Strange - tooks like maybe there's 2 + 2?   Shaft log clamps appear to be good solid-type (awab brand?) clamps and the two fwd clamps appear to be crappy perforated-type?  becki, suggest you make sure that both are non-perforated type.

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

1990/ aft water tank and port fuel.
Standard Rig

anaisdog

are they both in the wall?  my drawing, from catalina, shows the tank i have, about where it is, i think and my diesel tank is in the port side wall of the aft berth

Noah

Both are behind bulkheads (walls).
Standard Rig

anaisdog

so portside and aft?  for me, my aft wall has the pedistal hardware and a little hanging locker

Noah

Sorry, I can't explain it any better and I don't know what your boat configuration is. However, I would be very surprised if any "drawing from Catalina" shows a bladder tank placed as yours is. Perhaps some else can chime in.
Standard Rig

mregan

My 1986, #86, has the aft tank on the starboard side under the main salon settee.  My forward tank is in the v-berth.  Nothing in the aft cabin.

Noah

Your "aft" tank is my "forward" tank.
Standard Rig

Jon W

My 87 looks similar to Noah's photo. I might have missed it, but what do you have behind the aft removable panel in the aft cabin? Wondering if you have a second fuel tank? Jon W.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

anaisdog

as far as i knew, just the diesel tank.  but i haven't looked back there, recently.  and that's interesting about a tank in the main salon.  i just have my bilge there and open space, with the holding tank taking up half of the port side, main salon storage.

Ron Hill

All : The 1986 C34 came with starboard and  Vberth water tanks.  All subsequent C34s came with starboard and aft lazerette water tanks. 
Ron, Apache #788

sailaway

I have hull number 95 I have a water tank forward under the v berth an one under the starboard sette  My understanding the changed some time mid year 1986. I have friends with 1986 hull number higher hull number with water tanks aft. Charlie

Ralph Masters

My 87 looks just like the photo posted, fuel tank to port aft and water tank  aft under the steering quadrent. One other tank under the setee forward of the ice box.
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987