Catalina Fleet 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgeauer

There hasn't been a post for this fleet since mid summer 2014 - does this fleet still exist??

MarcZ

No response for over a year - that does not look good.
For what it's worth me and new to me C34 #1258 would not mind to participating in Fleet 12 activities.
:thumb:
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

Bill Shreeves

MarcZ - Yes, I too would like to participate in fleet activities when I move my boat to the upper Chesapeake in the spring!
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

MarcZ

:clap   2 boats make a fleet right ?
Stop by at  Worton Creek
Upper Chesapeake

Bill Shreeves

I'd say 2 make a fleet!  Worton Creek is where I'm thinking of taking my boat in May.  Leaning towards Green Point Landing marina.   Any thoughts

Bill Shreeves
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

MarcZ

I actually tested all 3 in the area and you can't really go wrong with either one - however it all depends what is important to you.
Upper Chesapeake

Alex W

Then 3 boats will certainly make a fleet!

I'm at Maryland Marina on Middle River
Firefly
'88 c34 #713
Middle River, MD

MarcZ

This might be a time to start planning rendezvous  :thumb:
Upper Chesapeake

Bill Shreeves

I hope to have my boat moved from Forked River, NJ to Worton Creek Marina by the end of May.   I'd love the chance to talk to and get to know other 34 owners.

Bill Shreeves
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

dschreder

C34 Fleet 12 does exist and is somewhat active.   Obviously, we have been deficient in using this website.   I will try to improve on this.

We just had our winter meeting in Galesville, Md this weekend on 1/6/17.     We will be planning raft ups for this spring and summer soon.   

If you are interested in joining us, please contact me and I will keep you posted.   

Scornell

I recently acquired a1989 C34 which is right now on the hard at Flag Harbor, just north of Solomons. Would be happy to be kept in the loop of any Chesapeake fleet activities. Trying to get her ready for the water by late April!

SC

Bill Shreeves

Congratulations SC!  I too am new to the fleet and this is just our 3rd season with our C34.  Hope to see you on the water this summer.

Bill Shreeves
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

dschreder

Congratulations SC.  Our first scheduled raft up is the end of April.  Be sure to send your contact info to the fleet 12 treasurer so we can include you on the distribution.

dgill

Third Raft Up of the 2018 Chesapeake Fleet 12 C34 Season.

We met in the West River.  Raft host, BAYTRIPPER was on site at 1500 hrs.  Along side were First Point of Aries, Champagne, Southern Cross and Blue Horizon.  Perfect weather, even had wind to sail to the West River.  Lots of good company and food.  Looking forward to more...

Next few scheduled events:
06/30/18 - Clements Creek
07/21/18 - Choptank River/Boby Owl Cove
08/08/18 - Annapolis (mooring) to watch the Wed nite races on board BayTripper - take the water taxi or bring your boat and dinghy over.
09/08/18 - Wye River/Shaw Bay - on the water concert: Them Eastport Oyster Boys / bring your dinghy and appetizers to share with everyone

Contact Fleet Captain Dave Scheder at Schdls@icloud.com for additional information.

posted: First Point of Aries 1987 C34     
First Point of Aries
1987 - Hull # 389
located on Lake Ogleton, Annapolis, Md

WBev

Checking in as new caretaker of hull 1211, Wobegon II.  We are (will be) on the Magothy River soon as the stem head fitting is replaced.  Are there any plans for the fleet in 2019?

Bill Beveridge
Wobegon II
Magothy River, Md
Wobegon II
1992 C-34 MK 1.5
#1211,  Wing/Tall Rig
Universal M35
Magothy River, MD