where to buy the board for under the battery/hot water tank and measurements

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

took out the batteries to see if I could get a bead on where the cup of water a day is coming from.  Clearly with the water on, it is seeping from somewhere in the hot water heater, so I am looking for info I posted in an earlier reply on the kuuma vs catalina direct.  and also, the board that covers that compartment at the bottom, that is the support for batteries as well as on which the additional board that the hot water heater sits on.  I don't know the exact measurements without removing the hot water heater and all batteries, so I don't know if Catalina direct stocks that, or I wait until haul out and spring replacement of hot water heater, and measure the board then.  But it would be nice if they already have it in stock so that could be done at the same time I have the hot water heater switched out.   any ideas appreciated.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Jack Hutteball

Randy,

I replaced my water heater a couple of months ago as i could not stop an engine coolant leak from the tank.  I had all the batteries and heater out.  On our boat there are 3 boards there, two butted together and a third under the joint that makes up the floor under the settee/sink cabinet.  Then there is a separate board just under the water heater screwed down on top of that.  The way the ends of the floor boards were cut in round shapes on the inboard end felt to me like they were just put together out of scrap material.  Unfortunately I did not take pictures while i had everything apart.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington