Transom - solid or cored?

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Quote from: Stu Jackson on September 03, 2015, 06:10:07 PM
Gary & Paul,

I have one of those, only a single step, works great.  No messin' with the transom required.   :D :D :D

stu,

Since it pivots and isn't rigid, is it odd when you put weight on it that it swings forward instead of being able to get leverage against it to stand up>?  I guess like most everything boating -- a compromise?

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

patrice

Hi,

this is why I love my platform with the telescopic ladder, 4 steps.
When on the last step, I have water at almost waist level.  So nice for swimming.

And my pushpit does not have the middle bar, original design and is very sturdy, no issue there.  There is 3 legs with 3 screws on each side.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KWKloeber on September 03, 2015, 11:51:35 PM
Quote from: Stu Jackson on September 03, 2015, 06:10:07 PM
Gary & Paul,

I have one of those, only a single step, works great.  No messin' with the transom required.   :D :D :D

stu,

Since it pivots and isn't rigid, is it odd when you put weight on it that it swings forward instead of being able to get leverage against it to stand up>? 

Nope, not that it creates a problem at all, in fact having it move a bit while you're holding onto the side rail of the boat ladder makes it a complete non-issue.  I suppose if someone had zero arm strength it might.

They do work fine.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."