Head faucet hose fell off

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

It was a fun weekend, really!

Also, this weekend, the cold water hose to the head faucet fell off. It took several minutes to figure out why the bilge pump kept cycling.
During that time, it emptied about 20 gallons of water in the bilge. At least I know the pump works great!

The water pressure pump was running continuously, I figured it was because of the empty tank. So I closed of the midships tank and opened the aft tank valve under the galley cupboard.  As soon as the pump was turned on, I could hear water flowing in the head undersink cupboard, could not see where it was coming from. The hose had fell off the cold water pipe to the faucet and was hidden behind the other pipes. All I could see was the water jetting up to the top of the inside of the head cupboard. In the time it took to find where the water was coming from, it now emptied 20 gallons from the aft tank (it does hold 25 gallons right?)

So now we were stuck with a non-functioning head (hold tank flooded) and very little fresh water.

As I said, a fun weekend!

Is it normal for the tube to the faucets to have a single hose clamp?

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Ron Hill

Paul : You have the distinction of being the first one that I've heard of having that tube break!!

I suspect that over the years that tube has been moved back a forth enough that the metal fatigued and finally broke!!
Ron, Apache #788

sailorsusie

I'm looking for a new faucet for sink in head. I found a hole in the housing.

DaveBMusik

Quote from: sailorsusie on January 15, 2018, 05:57:45 PM
I'm looking for a new faucet for sink in head. I found a hole in the housing.

Depends how much you want to spend. I believe this is the one I got.

https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|51|2234222|2234223&id=824147

Double check the measurements.
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

Noah

Ambassador "Trinidad" faucet is a exact copy of the OEM. Not cheap. $225 (+/-)
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

You can most likely find a nice single lever faucet with an extension for a shower head at Home Depot.

We've found a simple shutoff valve works great for showering without having the modify the water temperature with the faucet(s).  Like this one:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4174.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

britinusa

I have just replaced the faucet in the galley with one of these from Amazon $29 very pleased with it so far.

Now looking for a bathroom replacement faucet. Considering separating the shower head from the faucet and mounting a shower head above the head/ shower seat.

Paul

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

KWKloeber

Note that I just received an email from MauriPro on a clearance sale.

Various Scandvik Faucets are on sale.

And I picked up a Coastal jacket for $89  :D (230$ reg)  :clap :clap
K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain