Holding tank flood

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Quote from: britinusa on October 31, 2015, 05:53:25 PM
Thanks Jim, I replaced the entire valve set within the past 3 months.

Paul

I've had a new joker leak -- sometimes is doesn't matter it's all it takes is "something" that doesn't belong there inadvertently pumped thru. getting stuck, and holding the joker open.

k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

britinusa

Oh Carp, I guess I'm going to have to take it apart again  :shock:
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

KWKloeber

Quote from: britinusa on November 01, 2015, 06:03:25 AM
Oh Carp, I guess I'm going to have to take it apart again  :shock:

No carp - actually it was a tiny tapping screw that somehow must have fallen into the bowl?  I HOPE it didn't get there via another pathway.
I guess if it's young enough, a carp could get thru :rolling -- unless you have a screen   

I did once pick up an eel that blocked the seawater cooling screen while delivering a C42 from Baltimore to Long Island!

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

rmbrown

For what it's worth, I can verify that you can get water into the holding tank via the vent line... I was down below working on my system and had the vent line disconnected.  We had a pretty hard rain and water started running out of my vent line!  I ran up top to take a look and the water just couldn't get through that tiny scupper fast enough, resulting in the water level rising high enough to reach and flood the vent.

The amount of water wasn't insignificant, but I can't imagine how much rain you'd need to fill an empty holding tank.
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC