(not) good vibrations

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Becki : From your description of the engine vibrations that you are getting, you don't need a master mechanic to look at your engine for the indications that I mentioned above.

I might be wrong, but if you have "out of alignment" problem? it should be quite obvious.

If not alignment, then a mechanic needs to check and see if your engine is "firing " on all 3 cylinders!! 

Some more thoughts

Ron, Apache #788

anaisdog

i will have to figure out how to do that.  thanks
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

anaisdog

it wasn't the motor mounts.  they were tight.  mechanic and "dad" thought it was the belt.  mechanic tightened.  we'll see how it goes

thank you to all
:santa

KWKloeber

Quote from: anaisdog on July 17, 2015, 09:35:31 AM
it wasn't the motor mounts.  they were tight.  mechanic and "dad" thought it was the belt.  mechanic tightened.  we'll see how it goes

thank you to all
:santa

You DO HAVE the upgraded alt mount, correct?  When the old one gets loose and vibrates, it can sound like all hell's breaking loose.

k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

anaisdog

no idea.  the mount bolts were tight

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

KWKloeber

Quote from: KWKloeber on July 17, 2015, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: anaisdog on July 17, 2015, 10:51:21 AM
no idea.  the mount bolts were tight

pic of the alt then?

OR, is the adjusting bracket above or below the alternator?

k

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

anaisdog

i am terrified to ever turn the boat on again :-(