Rope Clutch

Previous topic - Next topic

Saribbean

Hello,

One of my rope clutches wont stay open when you push back the the rope clutch.  You have to manually push and hold the tab all the way down to keep it open. I have looked all over the rope clutch and no brand name or any lables on it what so ever.  Checked my manuals and looked on this forum, cant find anything.  They are blackish grey colour, Almost a gun metal finish. Any suggestions? Its at mkII, 2003.

Thanks

Stu Jackson

Most likely Garhauer.  They have a 10 year warranty and do repairs very inexpensively.  Great folks to work with.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Saribbean

KWKloeber

Quote from: Saribbean on June 08, 2015, 07:49:22 AM
Hello,

One of my rope clutches wont stay open when you push back the the rope clutch.  You have to manually push and hold the tab all the way down to keep it open. I have looked all over the rope clutch and no brand name or any lables on it what so ever.  Checked my manuals and looked on this forum, cant find anything.  They are blackish grey colour, Almost a gun metal finish. Any suggestions? Its at mkII, 2003.

Thanks

bean:  check to see if they look like these?
http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=36
(click on the small photos to enlarge)

ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Sar : Many times your problem has happened to me.

All I did was to use some pressure with a fresh water hose to clean out any dirt and gunk accumulation  out of the rope stopper insides.  Problem solved.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

sail4dale

Had the same problem  and still every so often still do.   I found that all you had to do is tighten the Allen screws that are in the side of
the unit and the friction to hold it in place comes right up.  If you want to get to the inner screws, it takes an Allen wrench that
I ground down so it can get access to the screw with out taking the unit off the deck.

Been doing this for years successfully
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)