Moving on...

Previous topic - Next topic

2ndwish

Hi Everyone- Anyone checking the for sale page might notice that 2nd Wish has been sold. Our boat partner Len Hirsch passed away last year and my wife and I decided to move up. Like so many C34 owners we have purchased a Catalina 380 (1997) and are currently trying to get her into as good shape as our C34. I told the new owner about the Association and C34 web page and I hope he has as much fun with her as we did. I'll still be lurking around here though-no better place in the world for sailboat advice!
Thanks for the help through the years.
Todd

Ted Pounds

Todd,
Best of luck with the new boat.  I'm sure you'll love her.  I've never heard a bad word about the 380 from anyone who owned one.  You're right this board and the people on it are the best.   :thumb:  That's why I'm still here after selling Molly Rose (the boat, not my daughter  :shock: )  9 years ago.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Stu Jackson

Todd, 

Congratulations.  Nice for you to check in, update us, and say you'll still hang out.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Clay Greene

Todd,  welcome to the C380/387/former C34 owner's club!  There seem to be quite a few of us.  Even though I don't own my C34 anymore, I still learn more from this site than any other. 

I hope your new boat brings you as much happiness as your C34. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Ken Juul

The Admiral is jealous.  The 380 is the boat of her dreams.  Have travel, the corvette and the C34 to keep us busy.  Kids have moved away...don't need bigger at this time.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ralph Masters

If we ever get to the point of upgrading it'll be the Catalina 385.
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

kwaltersmi

Our dock neighbor just moved up to a 380 from a C30. Beautiful, roomy boat that seems to sail well from my limited perspective. 
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

scotty

Congratlations.  My brother and sister-in-law bought a 380 and they LOVE it!
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Anybody know what years the C380 was made?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

2ndwish

Quote from: Stu Jackson on February 13, 2015, 05:54:29 PM
Anybody know what years the C380 was made?

Not absolutely sure, but I believe the model years were '97-'03, with production dates that seem to span '96-'03, the 387 appears to have been introduced in '03 (presumably for model year '04).