MK I shower curtain set up?

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Follow up: came up with a "system" that passes wife's muster! Bought a "fancy designer" shower curtain w/liner at Target ($18) which I recut and had hemmed ($12). Found track slides with holes in them (instead of using sewn in flag-type slides) at Catalina Direct ($ O.50 ea.). Attached curtain with stainless split rings to slides ($0 had on hand).  Also made and installed a teak "dam" fiddle to countertop to corral water from sink and installed an Ambassador brand shower hanger bracket to bulkhead to allow for stand-up showering. Conveniently, I had a teak instrument cover in the head on that bulkhead that covers the back of my B&G T41 cockpit navigation instrument --- a perfect spot to screw the shower hanger bracket to. Viola, hotel-style showering!! Total cost, under under $50. Value of happy wife... PRICELESS!😎
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Nice job, Noah.  I've been thinking about where to hang the shower hook for a "stand-up" (NOT Jerry Seinfeld!) and your idea is superior to my original idea of putting it on the bulkhead between the head and the companionway stairs.  I like the idea of just lifting the wand straight up.  Thanks.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."