3 Blade Prop Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

That's good news. I read your earlier post about your decision to get the 10 pitch on the three-blade Flex-O-Fold. Would you still stick by that decision today, despite Flex-O-Fold's recommendation to go with 9 in. pitch?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

sail4dale

I too agree re the Flexifold prop.  The three blade 10 x 15 gives me over seven knots if i want it. 
reverse is great.   Love it and the folding prop from a fixed gave me another knot of cruising speed.
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

Clay Greene

We were very happy with the Flexofold on our C34 (and are very happy with a Flexofold on our C387).  I never thought it was over-propped on the C34 - we could reach maximum RPM without noticeable smoke.  The sailing improvement was more noticeable in light air than heavy air but obviously a benefit.  It was the improvement under power that was the big positive surprise.   

If you are considering buying one, my suggestion is to buy it from a dealer here in the U.S. rather than from Flexofold directly.  I bought our prop for our C387 from them directly (Flexofold no longer has a U.S. sales representative other than through dealers) and then was surprised by a $125 customs bill I received several weeks later.  The Flexofold sales manager's response was to offer to refund my purchase if I was unhappy.  That was not very feasible given that their prop was three feet under 38 degree Lake Michigan water. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin