A big Thanks

Previous topic - Next topic

sail4dale

:cry4`  It is with deep regret that I must sell True Luff.  We have had True Luff since 2002 after
18 years in a CAt 30.  I have enjoyed the most pleasure in racing and cruising of any boat
I have ever owned.   I started my sailing career 70 years ago and have experienced laughs,
joy, soaking, pleasure, and terror in these years of racing and cruising.  Whatta run!   :party

Who ever said the happiest parts of owning a boat is when you buy and sell it is our of their mind
or else they never had a boat as great as a Catalina.  It is NOT a happy time parting with a fine sailing craft as this.

Our ownership experience has truly been augmented by the great input on this website.
Thanks to Stu and all the other "experts" that have added to my ownership esperience.
And so ..... True Luff now is going on the market with hope that the new owner will treat her
with the proper respect and enjoy those priceless hours on the water.
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

Gary

Have enjoyed your posts over the years...this one especially, although it is bitter sweet. There comes a day when this decision is made and when the years have provided great sailing experience (especially a C34) it is a difficult decision. Thanks for taking the time to express and share your thoughts on a great boat and excellent sail forum.

I am sure everyone is having similar thoughts and we know that that day does come for us all at some point.

Be sure to stay active in the forum, as so many have done, and continue to be a thoughtful presence.

Thanks for your post today !

Gary
Gary Ambrose
Kije #215
1986 Fin Keel
Falmouth Foreside, ME

Stu Jackson

Dale, sorry to hear, but understand.  Thanks for posting.  We look forward to your continued presence here, your contributions are always helpful.  You already know what to tell the new owner, even if you sell through a dealer.  Leave a message in a bottle on board!!! :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Dale,
I too have gone through this and I would have to agree with all comments. I still can't think of a boat I would rather own than a C34.
Best of luck with all your endeavors.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ron Hill

Dale : Know how you feel.  Started sailing as a young teen, took 30 years off while in the military flying and resumed for 32 years after retirement.
Had been "one hell of a run", but you know when it's time to give it up!

I'm sure that in a short while you'll be busy and find like I have - "How did I ever have time for the boat?"

Good Luck and Fair Winds!!
Ron, Apache #788

RobertSchuldenfrei

Hi Dale and everyone who is ageing "gracefully,"

I am not as old as Dale, but I am closing in on 72.  When I retired I never thought I would own another boat.  But as you all know, it's in your blood.  Our solution was to form a LLC with another couple thirty years younger.  This has worked out well.  As we age more and more of the labor is done by Franco and Christeen.  Pat and I hope to "keep on truck'in" in this shared manner as long as we can. 

I recommend this sharing approach.  Often younger sailors cannot afford the C34 and older owners just hate to sell the boat.  If anyone is interested I can explain why we went the LLC route.  It has worked out well for the four of us.

Onward 'n Upward,

Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422