Dimples in the cabin top

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Krawford

Bear in mind it did this more than 25 yrs ago, but I believe they were about 1" in diameter.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Stu Jackson

The "new" hole should use the BOTTOM of the old hole as the bottom of the new one, and make it bigger on the upper side.  Clear?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

anaisdog

I'm going to try the clear tube idea first.  thanks
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

patrice

Quote from: anaisdog on August 14, 2014, 11:10:32 AM
I'm going to try the clear tube idea first.  thanks

Hi,

This will not help you with your problem, it will make it worse.
The clear tube is to make the water fall away from the side hull.
But the clear tube has it's outside diameter the size of the hole, but the inside diameter smaller and will have more chance to clog.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

anaisdog

since i can't be at my boat every day (darn work!), do you have any suggestions?  thanks!

Stu Jackson

Quote from: anaisdog on August 20, 2014, 10:12:58 AM
since i can't be at my boat every day (darn work!), do you have any suggestions?  thanks!

Becki, from my first reply on page one:

Quote from: Stu Jackson on August 10, 2014, 10:11:35 AMIf tree stuff gets in yours, consider getting some simple screen material from ACE Hardware and get inventive in covering the four of them.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

anaisdog

thanks Stu.  I was trying to figure out how to put screen on without looking completely ghetto!

Noah

Just a couple of thoughts... What about a tarp/tent or boat cover? Also, perhaps try to adjust the trim of the boat to direct/control how the deck drains? or hire a live-aboard gardener!  8)
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

lazybone

Give the boat to me, I'll keep it spotless for you.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677