ac switch

Previous topic - Next topic

garyw

Hi
On the back of my electrical panel , I noticed that the AC switch is uncovered and didn't think those wires should just be hanging out like that esp when the shore power is connected.   It is situated with the switch for the hot water heater also.  Do other people put in a new switch and put it somewhere else or do they keep the situation as is.     On my former boat , the AC switch was covered and in a different location.    I'm trying to make my way through the electrical tangle but thought I'd start with that problem

Thanks 

Gary W
Summer Wind
Catalina 34  1986

Noah

This is one of many reasons I just replaced my 1990 panel with a new Blue Sea 360 series modular model that I custom configured switches and components to my needs. While the old panel MAY have be good 24 years ago, it is not "up to code" by today's standards and definitely poses a safety hazard if you are very careful poking around back there without disconnect shore power and/or if wires get loose. I suppose you could retrofit it with some sort of aftermarket plexi cover or make one, but....? Below is a pic of my new panel front and back.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

garyw

Thanks for the photo,  very nice setup .   Will look into this more.

Gary

Noah

Another pic
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Always good to improve things.  A Rubbermaid container would be my first choice.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."