Cool Change

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

We are finally getting some very nice weather in the Great Lakes.  Cool Change will go in the water on Wednesday and we will be leaving for the North Channel and Georgian Bay on Friday.  Boat is waxed. Made a few electrical changes.  Appreciate all the advice that I received from this association this past year.  I did install a solar panel and will give a report at the end of the summer. We do not have a smart home or iPad.  This is my final report and my wife and I are going to enjoy the wilderness.  Attached is the solar panel. 
Thanks, Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Noah

Smooth sailing and fair winds. I admire the smartphone and iPad disconnect... Tough to do! Enjoy!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

patrice

HI,

Good summer to yo and wife, and enjoy sailing.   :clap
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

mregan

Enjoy the summer.  Do you think you could take my daughter with you, she could use a little time away from her smartphone.

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Paulus on June 04, 2014, 06:21:32 PM
This is my final report and my wife and I are going to enjoy the wilderness. 

This is my final report...

I doubt if he's online but the thoughts are nice.   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

SailDan

Just spoke to Paulus (s/v Cool Change) yesterday (Sunday, 6/15/2014) afternoon (telephone). Paulus is single-handing s/v Cool Change and was having fairly heavy weather (40 knot winds and storm approaching) when I spoke to him.  He was heading into Detour, Michigan on the west side of the St. Marys River (which runs between Lake Huron & lake Superior). He then plans on sailing east across the river to an anchorage at Harbour Island in Potagnnissing Bay.  Harbour Island is just north Drummond Island which is one of the U.S. Islands forming the southern boundary of the North Channel (NC).  It's about 40 miles NEE from Harbour Island across the NC to Blind River, Ontario (on the north side of the NC) where Paulus usually checks-in to Canada.  We'll be joining him on s/v Weal Sea in the NC in July.  If interested, I had previously put together a short "Web Page" on the NC (following a trip there in 2003) which you can use to check out part of Cool Change's route. The route shown is the one Paulus typically follows. Here's the web address for the Main "Menu";  Click on item #10 [Photo Journal: North Channel Cruise: Part 2 (The Channel)] to see "Cool Changes" route --- Web Address:    http://home.comcast.net/~saildan/Menu/index.htm
Dan
Weal Sea
1994 #1289

Fuzzy

Had a very nice visit with Paulus in Charlevoix  on his trip north from Muskegon on the way to the North Channel.  Cool Change is one heck of a nice C34.
Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475