Annapolis Boat Show October 9 -12

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I have plans to go to the boat show this weekend. It looks like Catalina will have several boats there to check out. It would be fun to meet some of you folks in person.

Also; What vendors are of interest. I'm always tempted when I pass the Garhauer stand to order more things to make my sailing day easier. The mainsheet upgrade was an enormous improvement. One day my topping lift is going to be retired with a solid vang (I'm always forgetting to release the thing)

Most likely Saturday at the show.

Mark Tamblyn

Noah

If you get a chance, can you check if Flexofold is offering any "real deals" on 3-blade folding props, and report back? I would really appreciate it.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Indian Falls

My wife and I will be there for the first time.  We rented a house in Casa Rundal on the bay.

Where would a good meeting point be?  Closest beer to the catalina boats?
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Ken Juul

No beer in the show.  However several great establishments just out side the fence.  Pusser's for Pain Killers and the Fleet Reserve on one side, Middleton's Tavern and a couple others in the Square and Phillips Crab house.  Phillips is probably closest to where Catalina sets up.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

mregan

I was at the Newport, RI boat show a couple of weeks back.  Picked up a couple packs of the Wipeout Eraser.  A 3"x5" foam pad type of Magic Eraser.  Tried it out on the boat, it's great.  Even after washing the boat, I'd have dull gray spots on the fiberglass.  Used to have to use wax to take it off.  Tried this thing and it cleaned it right up.  Should make the spring cleaning so much easier next year.  Also took off rust stains on the pulpits. 
I have no ties to them at all just a happy customer.  My wife and I were at the booth.  A guy came up and was talking to the rep.  Wanted to order another box of 100.  Started talking to him and he couldn't say enough good things about the product so I figured I'd give it a shot.