engine cooling pump

Previous topic - Next topic

dave

I have a Universal diesel (M15) which is fitted with a sherwood raw water pump and a small pump for the engine cooling fluid. Does anyone know if I need to replace the impeller on the engine cooling pump? It says MIC Mikuni Kobyo Japan on the cover. I cannot find any reference to this in the manual or on the web.

thanks

Ken Juul

Ron,
I am not familiar with DEPCO.  Do they have a web site or 800 number to get a catalog?

Thanks,

Ken
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

DEPCO Source - from using SEARCH engine on 'site

Ken

http://www.c34.org/mainsheet/pdf/1999_no2.pdf

Use the bookmarks to get to the Oberdorfer Pump article.

The search features of the separate website and message board engines are very helpful.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Steve S.

Just for the good of the thread here.  I ended up replacing the water pump on my M25-XPA last year after it seized up in the middle of a storm (that was fun).  Had no warning (no leak at least) and I don't believe the belt was too tight, but sometimes, things happen.  Ended up costing about $180 from WB Diesel in Portsmouth, VA.  

Just a word of warning so others don't make the same mistake I did.  I ordered a parts replacement kit from Universal which contains a new belt, fuel filter, oil filter, transmission dip stick, other stuff, and what I thought was the right impeller.  However, they put a Sherwood in the kit.  I have an Oberdorfer.  Ended up ordering an impeller on line.

Lesson learned.  I buy my parts piecemeal now.  Any want to buy a Sherwood impeller for the M25XP?
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay