Teak Trim Pieces

Previous topic - Next topic

mregan

Anyone remove the 3/4" wide exterior teak trip pieces that run down each side of the cabin and leave them off?  Just wondering how the boat would look without them. 
Removed mine this winter, sanded, re-finished.  They are 14' long.  Had them tied down to a 12' extension ladder on a ladder rack on my truck.  Got to the boat, there was only 2-3' pieces left attached to the ladder.  Somehow the front tie-down came loose and they flew up and snapped.  Found them on the highway heading home rather mangled.

Ron Hill

mre : You missed my comment of 12/15 years ago regarding those "eyebrow strips"!

I removed them and filled in the holes with caulk and #4 1/2" long flat head screws with #4 finishing washers.

I have 2  14 ft long eyebrow solid strips that are refinished and ready to go.  Let me know if anyone wants them?

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

mre, I suggest you do a search on "eyebrow" and reads the page of results.  Many answers to your question.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."