Distribution Panel

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

What purpose does the little indicator light(red) located under the voltmeter on the DP serve?
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Craig Illman

From memory, it's probably the reverse polarity light.  :roll:

sailaway

Yes the small red indicator lit on the panel is reverse polarity. On my 1986 Charlie

Paulus

I have a green and orange  lights on the AC side of the panel for reverse polarity.  This is on the DC side and according to my manual, this is wired  to the common on the battery switch and therefore just an indicator light to show that power is on when the battery switch is moved to #1, both or #2???
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

patrice

Hi,
I would agree with Paulus for the light.
Same on mine, exept is green when battery is on.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Paulus on April 09, 2014, 04:09:45 PM
I have a green and orange  lights on the AC side of the panel for reverse polarity.  This is on the DC side and according to my manual, this is wired  to the common on the battery switch and therefore just an indicator light to show that power is on when the battery switch is moved to #1, both or #2???

Paul,

Can you get us a picture?  I have an '86 and our panel is different.  Your PO could have upgraded the panel, I don't know...

We have RP lights on our AC side (http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2620.msg13781.html#msg13781), and a green indicator light on the DC side.  Simple.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Paulus

Yes, I will send a pic.  Going tomorrow to install the ACR .  The DC side is red.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Paulus

Here is my pic.  The small white circle in the bottom right is where the green indicator light goes.  Had to order one.
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Paul : You did the right thing in sending a picture as each year Catalina change the main electrical panel - WHY is unknown!!

Don't see any little red light under the voltmeter!?!
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

Ron, the red light was taken out and I put a small white plug in the hole, until the new light comes in.  It never worked and I broke it taking it out. (white little button in the bottom right hand beside the voltmeter and under the switch)  Sorry.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

patrice

Quote from: Ron Hill on April 10, 2014, 02:46:42 PM
Paul : You did the right thing in sending a picture as each year Catalina change the main electrical panel - WHY is unknown!!

Don't see any little red light under the voltmeter!?!

I would add, within the same year  :D ..... I also have an 1989 model, but with a different panel.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Ron Hill

Paul : Follow the wires of the little red light and that will tell you what it's attached to. 
I'm sure that the light was a break in the + wire.

a thought
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

Thanks Ron, the wire was broke and I  managed to break the light in taking it out.  New was ordered.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

TonyP

Here is a pic of our panel for reference to show changes
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

lazybone

Quote from: TonyP on April 12, 2014, 11:05:17 PM
Here is a pic of our panel for reference to show changes

I have the identical panel but hull number 677? :?
Go figure.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677