Anniversary

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

Just curious,  does anyone know when the first 34 was born?

Seems to me we should be getting close to a thirtieth birthday?

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Clay Greene

The history section of the website says that the first boats were manufactured in 1985 as 1986 model year boats. So, yes, we're coming up on thirty years in 2015.
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Ron Hill

Aldo : Back in 1996 (I believe?) I wrote an article in the Mainsheet "Where are they now?"

I tried to track the first 10 C34s by hull number. 

Didn't have great success.  The article was in the "storybook section" not the tech notes section.
A thought
Ron, Apache #788

David Comando

Kindred Spirit is Hull #55, manufacture date is 1986 as a 1987. How time flies as I've had her going on 11 seasons in 2014.
David Comando, 1987 Kindred Spirit, Hull# 55 sailing the waters of Eastern Long Island, and to other points in the Northeast.

lazybone

I've owned Lazybones since new in 87/88.
Doesn't seem that long ago?

She's treated me well.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

sailaway

Sailaway is hull #95 she was commissioned 6-1-86 La Salle Yachts Cleveland Oh.  I have 4 1986 34catalina in my marina. They are all so different my boat has a water  tank under the V berth and one starboard under the seetee. My bilge pump discharge is out the stern. My buddies  bilge discharge is amid ship starboard. He also has a water tank aft, none under the V berth.  Charlie

Ralph Masters

Our 87, hull number 367, has the water tank aft and one midship just forward of the ice box starboard.  Our bilge pump discharge is to port miships.  Our transducer and speed wheel are both under the V-berth, what a pain.  And we are keel stepped on the mast.
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Andrew Harvey

This will be our 13th season with Simply Blue # 104
Deck stepped mast, water tank in V berth, stern bilge discharge and water bag/bladder aft.
Not sure if this was from the factory?
Andrew Harvey