Nice day ....

Previous topic - Next topic

patrice

Hi All,

Not really sail related message, but for those of you down south.....
Hope you are enjoying your chance to sail year round and have a thought for us.

For your info, it was a nice - ( yess minus ) 13 Fahrenheit this morning, this is without wind factor.  -26 F with it.....

Have nice day.   :santa
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

mregan

Patrice,
Not as cold here in RI but still pretty chilly, 9*.  Oh well, gives me plenty of time to re-finish all the exterior teak.

TonyP

Patrice
We maybe further south than you were intending to mean. yes enjoying the 25c plus weather.
I got to check out the Clipper 70's yesterday here in Sydney thanx to fellow C34 owners and leg crew Tasha and Ryan from www.turftosurf.com
The weather here will be warm to hot for the next couple of months maxing out at low 40's on a few occasions.
Don't you guys look forward to the ski season?
cheers

Tony
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

Kevin Henderson

Everything is relative I guess.

I just came back home to San Diego after spending some time in Hawaii. 
I know I'll get no sympathy here but San Diego actually felt a little chilly (72F) compared to the lush 84F I was dealing with in Hawaii.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Stu Jackson

Quote from: TonyP on December 17, 2013, 12:06:14 PM

Don't you guys look forward to the ski season?
cheers

Tony,

Yes, I did, until I broke my leg!   :shock: :cry4` :D

Now I just "have to sail all the time!"   :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : Like Stu I looked forward to the snow, having skied the Swiss and Austrian Alps - until I had both legs crushed.   :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788

waterdog

I planned on heading out last Friday for a little sail and an evening of cards with some friends over on Bowen Island.    One of those days where the gale warning was easing to 30 kts and the temperature was steady at -7C.    Perfect day for a bracing sail. 

An inch of ice in the marina kept us from freezing our butts off...
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

TonyP

Waterdog
The only times I have been to the states was to surf in January (Ocean Beach SF and Santa Cruz Steamer Lane and Pleasure Point), and Poker in Vegas. Mmmm cold water and cards...
I will keep an eye out for an invite lol.
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

RobertSchuldenfrei

About the only thing I miss since retiring to Palm Beach, FL is weekend skiing.  Now, if I want to take my 70 year old frame to the slopes, I have to get on a plane.  I am doing just that at the end of January when I am heading to Park City, UT for a week of "winter."  Forgive my pride for the following image:

Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

Phil Spicer

Robert, I forgive your pride. Water does not have to be soft to enjoy.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

lazybone

Quote from: RobertSchuldenfrei on December 18, 2013, 04:37:22 AM
About the only thing I miss since retiring to Palm Beach, FL is weekend skiing.  Now, if I want to take my 70 year old frame to the slopes, I have to get on a plane.  I am doing just that at the end of January when I am heading to Park City, UT for a week of "winter."  Forgive my pride for the following image:

Your a very young looking 70.
Good on you.

I don't do any sports were ambulances are standing by.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

RobertSchuldenfrei

Actually picture was when I was 68.  Looking young has its advantages now, but I was always being "carded" into my late 20s  8).  As my good wife Pat says: "I want to die young... As late as possible!"  Cheers,  Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422