C34 Mark II Shower Curtain

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMERY

I ordered a replacement shower curtain for my Catalina Mark I and received a Mark II replacement. My Mark I has a single equal length curtain that hangs from below the window and covers the medicine cabinet and counter top. What I received is two curtains and two rods. One curtain looks similar to the one for my medicine cabinet, but has a notch cut out at one end. The other curtain is about 6 feet tall and 2 feet wide with hooks for the track and several snaps. The heads between the Mark I and the Mark II seem very similar (minus some teak, etc). Can someone with a Mark II explain how their shower curtains are configured and if I would be better off using the Mark II configuration in my Mark I.

Thanks, Dave
1990, Hull 988

Norris Johnson

I'm trying again to answer your post. My computer hung up the last time.

You have described a Mark II shower curtain to a tee. The long curtain is for the door and it has snaps on both side with the track at the top. The curtain for the cabinet is cutout for the countertop where the trash can is located.

I would be interested in knowing where you got the curtains and the price. I need a set for the Mariposa.
Thanks
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

dave davis-707-1988- san

captaingary

I have a Mark II and mine is a single curtain like yours.
Gary Schneider
Windmill #1231
Long Beach  CA

DEMERY

I inspected a Mark II today versus a Mark I and have determined the Mark II configuration will not work on the Mark I. The Mark II has a different door size, vent size / location, mirror location, no hand grip (towel bar), etc. I’ll be returning the curtain to Catalina Yachts. Thanks for all of you help and input.

Thanks, Dave