From Island Bound to Bearly A-Wake

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaltersmi

I've been lurking for months, and actively participating in the forum since late August or so, but I thought it was time to officially introduce our new Catalina 34...

Read all about it here: http://www.sailfarlivefree.com/2013/10/from-island-bound-to-bearly-wake.html
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

scotty

Wow!  Great boat!!  Love the woodwork.   :thumb:

Scotty
Scotty

Bobg

very nice, really like the doors, on the lift, what am I seeing on the front sling?, I allways lift mine with 2 slings, anyway real nice looking boat
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Dave Spencer

Great looking boat with wonderful carving on the companionway doors and a nice modern finish on the interior cushions.  We'll look forward to seeing you anchored at Heywood Island or elsewhere in the North Channel next summer!   :thumb:
(I regularly lurk on your blog) 
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

kwaltersmi

Quote from: Bobg on October 22, 2013, 12:51:28 PM
on the lift, what am I seeing on the front sling?, I allways lift mine with 2 slings,

It is indeed lifted by two slings, one aft and one forward. It's hard to see the forward sling in the picture.  There's also a loose end of one strap shown on the right side of the photo which makes it look a little confusing too, but the set up is the common travel-lift 2-sling method.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

lazybone

Quote from: kwaltersmi on October 22, 2013, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: Bobg on October 22, 2013, 12:51:28 PM
on the lift, what am I seeing on the front sling?, I allways lift mine with 2 slings,

It is indeed lifted by two slings, one aft and one forward. It's hard to see the forward sling in the picture.  There's also a loose end of one strap shown on the right side of the photo which makes it look a little confusing too, but the set up is the common travel-lift 2-sling method.

Admit it.
Catalina 34's are so nice they defy gravity.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

KINGAIR350