Catalina Cushion Fabric Help

Previous topic - Next topic

n624ma

Hi all,
We are getting ready to get new saloon cushions for Cynosure and I have a question for the group. Does anyone know the name and source for the "Blue with light Dots" fabric used in the late 80's boats?

There was a choice of the blue, a greyish color, a maroon and maybe a green all with contrasting "dots" in this time period.

We are trying to track down the spec's on the blue one.

Joseph Rheubeck

Ron Hill

Joseph : I believe that the type material is called Oelfin (sp?).  I don't think you'll find the pattern as they change over the years.

Hope this helps. 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Hi, Joseph,

You may be able to find a wide variety of materials at www.sailrite.com

Good luck, refinishing the cushions is a great project.

tRY THIS ONE:

http://www.sailrite.com/Sunbrella-40107-0014-Bubble-Indigo-54
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Solstice

I had to track down a matching panel of the Catalina blue fabric for my 320 a few years ago and went to all the usual places. I ended up contacting JSI who makes all the interior/exterior canvas and cushions for Catalina. They helped me find the original manufacturer who confirmed they no longer made the pattern. However, JSI had a Catalina that was doing a re-fabric job and they removed and sold me what I needed. You may want to give them a call and see if they can help, but I got lucky....good luck...

pablosgirl

Hi Solstice,

I have the same problem as Joseph.  Do you have the contact information for JSI.  I have not heard of them before.
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Jim Hardesty

Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

karista

I recently needed enough fabric to recover one cushion as I spilled paint on it. I contacted Catalina to inquire whether they still had the matching material which they used on my 1990 Catalina, it is a light blue with white pattern on it. Sure enough they still had it at their California location and shipped me what I needed for a very fair price. So you may want to call the Catalina California Location, they may still have the exact material you need!
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL