Lifesling / propane project

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue Clancy

Our marina had a tag sale a few weeks ago and someone was selling a Lifesling for $5. I couldn't resist the bargain however the bag had seen better days. When I went to price a new bag they made my bargain seem like no bargain and from what I read, they only last a few years. Since I've had some recent success doing my own canvas work, I decided to make my own from Sunbrella. I modeled the new bag after the old one but since I had control of the details, I decided upon my husband's suggestion to customize it a bit.

We were looking for a place to store the little propane tanks for the Magma grill we also picked up used so I sewed on some pouches to each side of the bag with Velcro flaps to cover the tops and added a grommet to the bottom of each pouch to allow for drainage.   So far so good and I think it looks pretty good. Here's a photo from the back side.

[attach=#]
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Phil Spicer

Sue, very nice work & the propane holsters are really innovative.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

patrice

Hi,

Yes it does look pretty good.    :clap
And also like the storage for the propane tanks.

I'm sure it will give others good idea.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Clay Greene

Looks just as nice as the ones you see for sale on SailboatOwners.com plus the added advantage of the propane storage.  Very impressive!
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Stu Jackson

Sue, very nice work.  A few years ago we had to throw out our old horseshoe ring because it was getting too grubby.  Once we got a new one, we had this "bright idea" of taking it off the rail and leaving it down below when we weren't on the boat.  I don't even bother to hang it up outside when I'm singlehanding.  It still looks like new.  Your work is so nice looking, I'd bet it will last forever if you take it down when not in use, although you do have your propane canisters built-in.  Our Lifesling still looks like new, too.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."