Where is the location of the Hull number on early 1986 (built in 85) C34 model.

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptWags

My C34 was built in 1985 and is hull number 0020 (CTYP0020I586); Q.: Does anyone knows where the hull number is imprinted on the hull on the very VERY early models? I've called Catalina 3 times and have gotten different answer every time I call.
Thank you all!

Kevin Henderson

Wags,

Firstly, Welcome to the C34 IA website and forum.  There is a wealth of knowledge here and plenty of people to help answer any question you may have.
If you have not already done so, Please consider joining the C34 Association so that you can have access to all the mainsheet articles as well.  (I'm certain Stu will be along shortly to also get you to join).

Although my boat is newer than yours I can't imagine that the location would change.  Not absolutely certain but you may try looking in the area where I have pointed to with the red arrows in  the picture. I can't really remember if it's the port or starboard side (I think it's starboard)  :think

Hope this helps... and WELCOME ABOARD!!   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ron Hill

Wags : Beside on the top starboard transom, I also found the hull # is scribed under the "Catalina Yachts" data plate that is mounted on the inside hull just above the aft lazerette hatch. 
Ron, Apache #788

Craig Illman

CaptWags

Thank you guys!  :thumb: I'll check it out this afternoon and post my findings. Fair winds.

patrice

Hi,

And welcome to the nice C34 family.

Mine is on the starboard side, but check carefully, cause it is handscribe.  If you look quickly, you won't see it.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

RobertSchuldenfrei

Quote from: CaptWags on August 19, 2013, 01:11:19 PM
My C34 was built in 1985 and is hull number 0020 (CTYP0020I586); Q.: Does anyone knows where the hull number is imprinted on the hull on the very VERY early models? I've called Catalina 3 times and have gotten different answer every time I call.
Thank you all!

Hi Captain Wags,

We are forming a fleet in southeastern Florida, Fleet 14.  It costs nothing to join if you are a member of the C34IA.  The fleet's Launch Party is August 28, 2013 in Deerfield Beach.  Read all about it under the "Fleets" topic.  Here is the URL:  http://c34.org/fleet14/index.html .  If you join you will be the 15th boat in our fleet.

Welcome Aboard,

Bob
Esprit du Vent  #422
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

Andrew Harvey

Mine is on the transom starboard side under the rub rail
Etched into the gelcoat (1986 )
Andrew Harvey

Ralph Masters

Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella