Taken out center bar of stern pulpit...?

Previous topic - Next topic

RonE

patrice

Hi,

I have the 89 version too, and no middle piece in the way.
And as far as it look, it was factory made like this.

This was a picture for my new solar pannel support, but you can see the back.

1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

jmcdonald

Ron, there does not seam to be a way for me to post a photo from my IPad ( I don't have
a computer). I sent you the photos by Email, would you mind posting them for me from your
computer?

Stu, if you know a way to post from an IPad, let me know please.
Thanks.

patrice

Quote from: jmcdonald on August 19, 2013, 08:58:54 AM
Ron, there does not seam to be a way for me to post a photo from my IPad ( I don't have
a computer). I sent you the photos by Email, would you mind posting them for me from your
computer?

Thanks.

Hi,

I guess it would be like I do, upload your picture to a web site like Photobucket, or other, then in your message you put the link to your picture of the site hosting your pictures.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Quote from: jmcdonald on August 19, 2013, 08:58:54 AM

Thanks.

Sorry, can't help.  My cell phone is so old it has a rotary dial!  :clap

I've seen photos posted from iPads on other boards, only issue that is if you take it in portrait layout, it comes out sideways unless you flip it.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

Check image size. Make sure it is under the posted limits.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Steve W10

I know this is out there, and beyond consideration for those of us ubber-frugal sailors, but.....

When everything is said and done, this might be a consideration....
http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=2302&ParentCat=75

You get a couple seats out of the deal too.  All for $1,406.00

S

jmcdonald

I have tried Patrice's idea to post photo's. My iPad just freezes up each time I try. If any body
want to have me Email the photos to them I will. Then maybe they could post them.
Sorry I'm still in the dark ages on this stuff. It's a cheep and easy fix for the removal of the
center bar.

Stu Jackson

jm, send them to me, I'll b glad to post them  mraquaq att aol dott com
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Paulus

My 1989, Hull 944 looks just like Patrice, Hull 970.  Does not look like there were any modifications.
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

John's pictures

jmcdonald

Paulus

Note the difference in the stern rails on the '86 and '89. 
Cool Change 1989 #944

Paulus

Pic of port side.  See no signs of modifications.
Cool Change 1989 #944

Brent Evans

I acted on Stu Jackson's idea and cut out the center bar of my stern pulpit and creating a 2nd set of "legs" using stainless tees, straight tubing and bases (backed with large washers and lock nuts on the inside).  It seems just as sturdy as before and is so much easier boarding the dinghy.