#1214 History Anyone?

Previous topic - Next topic

SEACRECY

Hi Guys,
I've just made an offer on a 1992 C34 in the Upper Chesapeake Bay. She's currently named "Miss Demeanor", before that she was "Brown Pelican", and I can see the ghost of yet a different, third name against her tan hindquarters. Does anyone on this site know any of her previous owners, or better yet, has owned hull #1214 yourself? The fact that she has passed through so many owners in such a short time worries me (my current '88 C27 is on her second owner- me). Yes, I'm getting a thorough survey done as soon as all this snow melts- I just wanted to see if anyone had come across the boat personally in the past. Thanks!
- Brian Connelly
Soon-to-be-owner of "Yellowdog"

Stu Jackson

Brian

Only one owner is listed in the C34 Intl. Assoc. membership log, and their membership expired 2/28/94.  Evidently, the next owners didn't become C34 Assoc. members.

Stu Jackson
Secretary
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

reedbr

Brian-

I think I know the boat you are talking about.  I thought the name was Miss Directed though.  It was a tan 1992 C34 MK1 with a walk-through transom listed by AYS.  Is that the boat?

If so, I don't know anything more about the owner(s), but when I looked at it last November I wrote down the USCG documentation #.  Contact me at reedbr@erols.com and I'll send it to you.  From there you can order an abstract of title from the Coast Guard for $12 which will show every owner who ever documented the boat.

Let me know if we're talking about the same boat.

C34 mkII "Ambitious"
Solomons, MD
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

SEACRECY

My mistake- she is/was "Miss Directed" but not for much longer! Good survey yesterday. Now it's all over but the bottom painting...

Ran139

Brian,

Congratulations on your new boat!

I recently purchased my 34 as well and when I ordered the Documentation Abstract on line from the Coast Guard it was $25.00. I wanted to make sure their was't any liens on the boat. I intend on doing my own documentation paperwork.

Fair WInds-

Ran