exhaust flap assembly

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

Has anyone installed or heard about this item from Catalina Direct?

The exhaust flap assembly allows you to easily verify that your engine is protected.  

I tried to copy the picture but no go....

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/23be7ea908a745ae35501e450/images/Screen_Shot_2013_06_30_at_11.45.43_PM.png

Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Ralph Masters

On my 87 the exhaust goes straight down out of the bottom, that would do me no good.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Stu Jackson

Mark, IIRC, this was developed for the C30s and C27s where the exhaust hose from the muffler to the transom did not have room to rise high enough to prevent backsiphoning into the muffler.  Our exhaust hoses rise high into the port locker, so no flap is required.  SD is also correct about how the exhaust hose exits the boat.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : Stu is correct!!  Catalina Direct also sent me the same "add" for that flapper valve.

The rise of our exhaust is about 3+ feet above the water line, but the C30 is right at the water line!  Interesting that they hope that some unknowing soul will purchase - as they failed to specify the C30 and C27!!  I'm sure it was just an oversite on their part -- HA!!

My thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

rappareems

Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario