Alternative Question of the Week - Aft cabin Head-banger

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Tony " I'm with you -- Almost always if I have a cap on. 

I tend to do the same thing (with a ball cap on) when the overhead is half closed!!   
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Bob, that's cool.  :D   Do you have any pictures of your "head banger" solution?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

ellispe

I have a 2005 with the Big Thick mattress so I have less head room and have almost knocked myself out a few times

bayates

I rarely hit my head in the aft cabin.  Nice to see others have similar issues though in other locations.  If I hav a hat on I smack my head all the time and that little metal button hurts James in the top of your head.  Both the admiral and I bang the hatch cover going into the cockpit.
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

Ralph Masters

The only other place I hit my head on a regular basis is while wearing a cover, (navy term), I run into the dodger.  Oh, and the back stay.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Bobg

Stu, just got back from boat, going again next weekend will get pic.  I never hit my head but my guests have let me know loud and clear when going to bed.  The foam swim mattress cut to fit has really helped, now I only hear a dull thud instead of a good crisp head ring when guests are turning in, lol
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands